Things to Do
So many things to do, so much to explore...
Boquete offers a wider variety of activities than any other place in Panama! Experience a day of hiking and bird-watching, take a drive through winding mountain roads, capture the thrill of whitewater rafting and canopy tours or just sit back, relax and take it all in.
Known for its fresh air, temperate climate and awe-inspiring natural surroundings, Boquete is a small town nestled into a beautiful mountain valley. Flowers, coffee and fruits are grown here and the town’s Flower and Coffee Festival and its Boquete Jazz & Blues Festival are both popular annual events held in January and February, respectively. For the more adventurous at heart, Boquete is a great base for climbing Volcán Barú (3475 m/11,400 ft) or exploring the province of Chiriqui.
Experience a day of hiking and bird-watching, capture the thrill of white water rafting and canopy tours, take to the trails on horseback or relax in hot springs. Or, explore Boquete on your own: By car, taxi or scooter, drive roads that wind through the mountains and take in the breathtaking views. Stop for a drink or a meal at the many great restaurants Boquete has to offer.
Here are just some ideas for your stay in Boquete! When you check in, our managers will sit down with you and help you plan out your stay at no additional cost – arranging tours is a complimentary service we provide to our guests!
- Café Ruiz Coffee Tour: Tour the farm, processing plant and roasting facility with a cupping/tasting. The tour not only focuses on coffee, but also the culture of Boquete
- Wildlife Tour: Hike for about 2.5-3 hours on trail determined by guide (usually Waterfall Trail). Quetzals, sloths, monkeys and more have been spotted!
- Los Cangilones: Gualaca’s hidden pools, formed when Volcán Barú erupted. About 40-minutes from Boquete. Due to its lower elevation, warmer than Boquete. Great swimming!
- Zipline: Second largest in Central America. Glide through the treetops, high above the pristine rivers and waterfalls
- Hanging Bridges Tour: A circuit of eight hanging bridges – a 4.5 km route over the treetops
- Boquete Bees Tour: Honey and Bee Tour + Butterfly House!
- River Rafting
- Horseback Riding and more!
There are also many activities you can do independently in Boquete, including:
- Scenic drives: the roads of Boquete all loop back into town, including Bajo Mono (with waterfalls, stunning views, a ‘castle’), Jaramillo and Volcancito loops. By car or scooter! Map provided at check in.
- Day Trips: Volcan/Cerro Punta, Las Lajas, Las Olas
- Hiking: The Lost Waterfalls, The Waterfall trail (aka: Pipeline trail), Quetzal trail and Finca Lerida. More details available at front desk
- Shops & Restaurants: Explore our wonderful restaurants and specialty shops both in town and in the mountains
- Birding at Boquete Garden Inn: More than 100 species have been spotted here! You will see more birds at breakfast than you will on any of the trails!
- Golf: Reserve at our reception desk and receive a special discount price exclusive to Boquete Garden Inn guests
- Massage & Spa Treatments: Reserve at our reception desk and receive a special discount price exclusive to Boquete Garden Inn guests
Awards & Accolades
• Frommer’s calls Boquete Garden Inn one of ‘The Best Hotels / B&Bs’ in Panama
• Featured in the New York Times: “…Irresistible”.